*This is just a list of requirements that need to be met to be able to coach at Brandywine Heights. For full employment packet with all information please contact the Athletic Office.*
Congratulations on your appointment as a coach in the Brandywine Heights Area School District. Our Coaching staff play a vital role in the development of our students and I hope that you find it to be a very rewarding experience. Below you will find a checklist of things that need to be completed before you are school board approved and start your coaching assignment. If you have any questions about any of the items please do not hesitate to give me a call. I look forward to working with you in the very near future!
Brandywine Heights HR Guidelines (New Employee heading):
- Complete the Brandywine Heights Area School District Coaching Application
- Complete a TB Test and Submit Results to the Athletic Department
- Complete the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release (Act 168 of 2014) – Section 1 of this form must be completed for your current employer and any other former employers where you had direct interaction with children and/or your primary job responsibility involved children. Please make as many copies as necessary. Once your paperwork is returned to me, I will then begin to contact your previous employers. Please note that previous employers have up to 20 days to respond. You will not be board approved until this step is completed.
- Complete FBI Fingerprinting – Please see attached directions for this clearance you can have this done a t Business Link Pack and Ship Center in Kutztown, the BCIU or Mial N Ship 4 U store in Wyomissing. You will receive your unofficial results in the mail, please provide us with that copy and we will print the official report by using your ID number.
- Complete the ACT 151/Child Abuse Clearance – Please see the attached directions for this clearance and try to complete it by using the online directions. It may take a few weeks for you to obtain your clearance certificate in the mail so do this clearance immediately.
- Complete the Act 34/Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check – Please see attached directions and make sure to enter “Education” as the reason for the criminal check.
- ?Complete the NFHS Concussion in Sports Program
- Complete the CardiacWise Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training Course
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Report – This is a background check consent for all employees in case school vans are used for transportation.
- Complete the Mandatory Act 126 Child Abuse Training – This is a three hour online course.
- Complete the Payroll Packet for New Employees – A copy of your driver’s license and Social Security Card (or Passport) and copy of your occupational privilege tax (OPT) is needed when you submit this packet. If you do not provide a copy of your OPT, the school district will also take it out of your coaching pay. Once your payroll packet is completed, please set up an appointment with IIyse Moyer (610-682-5141, firstname.lastname@example.org) at the business office located in the middle school to complete the final steps before you can begin your coaching responsibilities.
*Please submit all information to the Athletic office ASAP. You may not start your coaching assignment until all requirements are met.*