1. To be eligible for interscholastic athletics, a student must pursue a curriculum defined and approved by the district administration.
2. Eligibility shall be cumulative from the beginning of the grading period and shall be reported on a weekly basis.
3. The academic reporting period will be from 8:00am on Mondays to 3:00 on Thursdays. On the event of a shortened week, eligibility will be run on the second last day of the week.
4. If an athlete fails two or more courses on a weekly report, he/she will be ineligible to participate in contests for a period of one week.
5. An ineligible athlete may practice providing he/she attends daily tutoring sessions for 45 minutes offers proof to the coach. If an athlete does not attend tutoring or no tutoring session is offered on a particular day, the athlete may not attend practice for that day.
6. The weekly ineligibility period begins on Monday and continues through the following Saturday.
7. If an athlete is failing two or more subjects for a marking period he/she will be ineligible to participate in contests for the first 15 school days of the next marking period.
8.Athletes who drop a course and have an average grade of an "F" will be required to carry that failure toward eligibility for the remainder of the school term.
9. Athletes who enroll at BHASD school for the first time must comply with the requirements contained herein. The standing required for the preceding grading period or previous year shall be obtained from the records of the last school which the student has attended.
10. At the end of the school year, the student's final grades shall be used to determine his/her eligibility for the next grading period.
11. Athletes failing 2 or more courses at the end of the academic year, including summer school, will be ineligible to participate in scrimmages or competitions for the first 15 days of the new school year.
12. A student who attends summer school and corrects deficiencies may be eligible to participate in the fall sports season.